Arsenal News

Google

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Wenger will not stop Lauren exit

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has suggested that he will allow right-back Lauren to leave the club.

The 29-year-old Cameroon defender has become surplus to requirements after losing his place to injury and then the youngsters who came in to replace him.

Wenger told the Arsenal website: "The problem is that since Lauren got injured I have Justin Hoyte, Emmanuel Eboue and Johan Djourou who can play.

"I feel we have too many players in that position now."

Lauren will be out of contract in the summer and is already able to talk to other clubs, with West Ham reportedly leading the chase for his signature.

Wenger added: "Lauren is free to talk to anyone because it is the end of his contract but frankly I don't know if he has spoken to West Ham.

"He doesn't have to inform me if he wants to speak to anyone."

Meanwhile, striker Jeremie Aliadiere has suggested he is ready to stay at Arsenal and fight for his place.

The 23-year-old Frenchman has struggled to command a first-team place since joining the Gunners in 1999.

Bu he has recently broken back into the reckoning and impressed in Tuesday's 6-3 win at Liverpool.

He told the club's website: "I never said I wanted to leave the club. All I said was that I wanted to play.

"Obviously if I can't play here then I will have to play somewhere else, but Arsenal is my priority.

"There's a lot of competition, a lot of great players and it's really hard to get your place in there.

"But I think every time I've got the opportunity to play I've done my best and in training every day as well. That's all I can do."

From : BBC Sports

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home