Arsenal News

Google

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Emotional Henry salutes Gunners


Thierry Henry
Henry will undergo a medical at the Nou Camp on Monday
Thierry Henry is confident Arsenal still have a bright future despite his impending move to Barcelona.

The 29-year-old France striker, who has been with the Gunners since 1999, is on the brink of completing a £16m switch to the Nou Camp.

Henry told Arsenal's website: "I don't believe what everybody is saying about the club collapsing, having a lack of players and everyone leaving.

"The team here is growing and there is some amazing talent."

Henry pointed to the emergence of young midfielder Cesc Fabregas since Patrick Vieira left for Juventus in 2005 as proof that Arsene Wenger's side can cope without him.

This is solely my decision, no-one has forced me to do anything
Thierry Henry

"I do think this is the right time for Robin van Persie, Emmanuel Adebayor and Nicklas Bendtner, who is coming back from Birmingham, to shine," Henry added.

"Hopefully they will do it. As soon as you know they can do it, they will forget about me, that's the way it is.

"When Patrick left everyone was devastated, including me and then after that a little guy came around called Cesc Fabregas and, although I didn't agree with it, everyone started saying 'who needs Patrick Vieira'?

"Cesc is a world-class player, Robin van Persie is a world-class player, hopefully Adebayor will become a world-class player, Tomas Rosicky is a world-class player, Jens Lehmann is a world-class player, Kolo Toure and William Gallas are world-class players. You can go through the whole squad like that.

"I will now become an Arsenal fan and will be looking at every result. I am sure the team will be successful."

606: DEBATE

Henry also gave a personal tribute to Gunners fans for their support during his eight years at the club.

"I would like say to you that you have been tremendous for me and I really do appreciate it," he explained.

"I am shaking as I say this. I will always remember you and I will have you in my head and my heart.

"I wanted to reassure you that I always gave 100% here. I hope you appreciate what I did here because I appreciate what you did for me.

"I grew as a man and became a better football player - I will always take that with me no matter what happens.

"Arsenal will be in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gunner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gunner you will always be a Gunner.

"The club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home