Arsenal News

Google

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Euro experience frustrates Wenger

Emirates Stadium
Tuesday, 26 September
Kick-off: 1945 BST

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger says he will always have unfinished business in the Champions League - even if the club go on to win it three seasons in a row.

He has never won the trophy in his 10 years with the Gunners and saw them lose to Barcelona in this year's final.

He said: "No matter when I stop, I will always feel I have not done enough.

"I will always have that feeling - even if I won the Champions League three seasons running, I'd still think it. It is in me, I don't know why but it is."

Although the Gunners boss has not himself re-run every minute of last season's final, Wenger admits a sense of what might have been will always remain.

"I have not intentionally watched it again but I have seen it again," added Wenger, whose side lost 2-1 to Barcelona.

"When I come in to training, we always have people who watch videos. Even when you do not want to watch it, you get to training and people are looking at it.

"We should have won it, yes, because we had the chances to score the second goal and also because we lacked a bit of experience in the way we conceded the goal.

"However, you cannot say it was a big failure on the day, that the team did not turn up.
"We gave absolutely everything, were a bit unlucky and a bit lacking in experience."

Wenger accepts his side have now become something of a scalp in European football - given their exploits last season.

"The fact we believe we can go into the final again is compensated by the fact that we will not surprise Real Madrid or Barcelona now if we play them," he said.

"They would expect a different game, for us to be strong. But, on the other hand, we would be stronger and believe more we can do it."

From : BBC Sports

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home